Sunday, November 30, 2014

November 2 CCB Concert

On November 2nd, the Chelmsford Community Band had its first fall concert since I've been with the band (5ish years). The lineup was wonderful - exactly my favorite kind of material. Consensus among the band is that this is one of our strongest concerts in recent years, which I attribute to the hard work of the band but also to our still-new director Lucinda Ellert. She manages to get more out of the band than I would have thought possible, with great insight and patience, but also with dedication and discipline.

Another highlight that made a big difference: Tom Palance came in to work with our trumpet section and was a featured soloist on two of our pieces. Another one of Lucinda's great ideas! I'd love to have a trombone clinician next... but I think we'll probably do a woodwind...

I videoed the whole concert and set up a YouTube playlist, but we haven't circulated it widely. Here's a sample.



And here's our lineup:

  • Them Basses
  • Cajun Folk Songs
  • Pavane
  • Prelude, Siciliano and Rondo
  • Concertino for Three Brass
  • Intermission
  • Seventy Six Trombones
  • To a New Dawn
  • Rose Variations
  • Bugler’s Holiday
  • Concert Etude

No comments: